SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! I have a 2005 S60 with power folding side mirrors. One of the mirrors is struggling to fully unfold outwards. It always fully folds inwards though. I suspect there is some dirt/corrosion at the actuator mechanism, thus there is friction and it fails to fully unfold. Here's a video of the issue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iR7NaQqOv2o

It seems that cleaning the actuator/gears could fix the problem. So today I attempted to take the side mirror apart, but after removing the plastic cover and the mirror glass I was stuck. Does anyone have any idea how to take the mirror assembly apart in order to get to the actuator? I have marked the actuator (manufactured by IKU) with the red bullet in the photo. Thanks!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I've got no idea about how those things work, hell I didn't even know power folding mirrors were an option on these things, but if it's anything like the pop-up headlights were on my old Fiero, it was a plastic gear stripping out against the metal gear it mated to. It was designed to allow them to always raise up with no problem for safety, even if putting them down caused problems. You may want to consider checking the mechanical connection between the actuator and the mirror.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts