SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decied to get a 2.4T (still debating color choice tho), but since it is so late in the year I am wondering if it is worth the wait for the '03s. Especially since I would not be purchasing the car till end of Aug, beginning of Sept.

So far I have found out that Xenon lights will be available on the '03s, plus the molding will be color matched. Does anyone know of any other things that are being added to the S60 for the MY03?

Other than added features to the S60 in the new model, another reason to wait that I can think of would be any fixes/tweaks they make to the MY02 problems (the few I have read about have been fixed tho).

-Crowly

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
If you are able to wait, they why wouldn't you? I mean if you own your current car, or have a car to drive. Is there any reason to go with a 02?

·
Registered
134 Posts
I think you should wait for the 03. Unless there is a huge price difference between the cars go with the 03. Also, I personally like the body coloured moulding, I think it makes it look classier.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by Crowly:
I've decied to get a 2.4T (still debating color choice tho), but since it is so late in the year I am wondering if it is worth the wait for the '03s. Especially since I would not be purchasing the car till end of Aug, beginning of Sept.

So far I have found out that Xenon lights will be available on the '03s, plus the molding will be color matched. Does anyone know of any other things that are being added to the S60 for the MY03?

Other than added features to the S60 in the new model, another reason to wait that I can think of would be any fixes/tweaks they make to the MY02 problems (the few I have read about have been fixed tho).

-Crowly
There will be some minor changes for MY2003; the most significant change would be the minor reqorking of the engine. The MY2002 2.4T will become MY2003 2.5T with some increase in HP and torque. Xenon lights for that model will not be available till next Spring. There are other minor changes but minor, indeed.

If you are planning to lease, do it NOW. The lease program on the current S60s is totally ridiculous (in a good sense); the lease rate is below 0.5%!!! You will not see such a good lease program for a long, long time. If you are buying and are willing to wait, then wait!

Yannis

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the input GrecianVolvo. It sounds like there really isn't anything that I "have" to wait for in the MY03.

I was planning to buy, but with the lease rates the way they are it is hard to pass up, basically I can get 0.5% for the term of my lease and then purchase at the end of lease with regular finacing. In the end it saves money, I think this is the 1st time a lease is to an advantage.

I also found out from another msg board that the price on the 2.4T are going up about $2500. I don't know how reliable the source is though. But I can imagine that the price will go up with the change in engine.

Now I just have to decide on what color to get....hmmm....

-Crowly

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by Crowly:

I also found out from another msg board that the price on the 2.4T are going up about $2500.

-Crowly
That is wrong info. Actually, prices are going to be about the same. Certain cars will also have a slightly lower price.

Yannis

·
Registered
179 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by GrecianVolvo:

That is wrong info. Actually, prices are going to be about the same. Certain cars will also have a slightly lower price.

Yannis

I am new to this forum and have been reading a lot of topics on this car. I want buy a 2.4T loaded. Could someone please advise me of all changes being made to 2003 model, or source of information. I would love the color keyed moldings, suspension upgrades.

Thank you

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
People, people! IMHO, it would be well worth waiting for the 2.5T engine since it will have 208hp/236lb.ft of torque. The Xenon lights and color keyed mouldings will just sweeten the deal. Plus, hopefully you will be getting that cool switchblade integrated Volvo key as well for 2003.

-Drew

·
Registered
179 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by InDy:
People, people! IMHO, it would be well worth waiting for the 2.5T engine since it will have 208hp/236lb.ft of torque. The Xenon lights and color keyed mouldings will just sweeten the deal. Plus, hopefully you will be getting that cool switchblade integrated Volvo key as well for 2003.

-Drew
Thank you but could you please advise on your source of information.

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by audio64:
Thank you but could you please advise on your source of information.
As far as I know, there is no official information yet, everone is just speculating. The 2.5T engine is the same one that the XC90 is using so that should be pretty reliable info.

-Drew

·
Registered
10,097 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by InDy:
As far as I know, there is no official information yet, everone is just speculating. The 2.5T engine is the same one that the XC90 is using so that should be pretty reliable info.

-Drew
The Belgian MY2003 price list has been out for a month now.
2.5T engine is ONLY for the AWD models in Europe.
S60 AWD, V70AWD, XC70, XC90
2.4T for the FWD's.
This is official Volvo spec. in writing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts