SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My s60 2003 2.4T with 77000 miles on it has rough shift to 1st gear when coming to a stop. It has new transmission oil an and seems to shift up and down fine otherwise. Does it need a cable adjust or some other adjust? If so, does anyone know the procedure?<br>Thanks for any help<br>Zahid

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Sounds like your tranny is going. You've already done what most people here are going to suggest. But, honestly, I'm not sure what else you can do. I'd hate to be the one to give you the bad news.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Re: (Turbos60)

Sounds like the trans mount my car was doing that real hard jerking motion at 1-2 and thats what it was that mount was completely torn...

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Re: (Turbos60)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>Turbos60</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Check your trans mount maybe its causing it to jerk when coming to a stop.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Didn't even think about that. With 6 years and 77k miles, it seams completely reasonable that the tranny mount could be it. But I wouldn't get disappointed. if it isn't. I changed mine and didn't really notice that big of a difference, and mine was really worn.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (cmurphy2266)

I also suspect it is the mount. The tranny going seems unlikely because there are no telltale signs of that. For instance it does not fail to shift ever and on kickdown it catches on immediately. Someone mentioned that there is a 2007 software fix for this that could fix the problem. Anyone know about this?<p>Thanks for all the replies.<br>Zahid

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Re: (zahid_volvo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>zahid_volvo</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I also suspect it is the mount. The tranny going seems unlikely because there are no telltale signs of that. For instance it does not fail to shift ever and on kickdown it catches on immediately. Someone mentioned that there is a 2007 software fix for this that could fix the problem. Anyone know about this?<p>Thanks for all the replies.<br>Zahid</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Yeah, you'll have to go to the dealership and have them upload it to your car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts