SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drove the S40 to the gym this morning no issues. When I came out, unlocked the car with the remote and went to start. Noticed that the odometer was blank/off, usually its on when the door opens.

The horn started blaring on its own, continuously. The car started. Turned the car off, horn kept blaring. Took the key out and pressed lock, then unlock, doors locked and lights flashed as expected, horn kept blaring.

After a minute, the horn stopped on its own. Tachometer is frozen 1500 rpm, no greed led speedometer or trip meter. Clicking noises from under glove box.

Started the car again and attempted to drive home, but car was sluggish and died after half a mile.

Had it towed home on a flatbed. Put a charger on the batter and it showed 80% and 12.62 volts so I charged it for 3 hours at a 4 amp rate with the battery disconnected. The battery is new Aug 2015.

Now the car starts again, but no led gauges and clicking from the glove box area. With the car running, I put a voltmeter on the battery and it shows 12.2 v, so I'm guessing the alternator is not putting out power.

Any other ideas what could be going on? The car has been dry and in the garage, no recent rain on it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update: It was the CEM. I bought a new used one on ebay, and sent them both to Xemodex. They transferred the software from the original unit to the new one and I'm back in business.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Glad you got it working! That must have been one hell of an experience.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts