SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Re: S40/V50 - Facelift (tomi22)

I'm not sure when they originally showed up in dealerships - early 2004 probably? So it has to be at least a couple more years before they do a facelift, right? The "all new S40" has only been out 2 years or so...

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Re: S40/V50 - Facelift (tomi22)

Are we talking about a totally redesigned model? Or the same S40 with some visual changes?<p>I imagine a totally redesigned S40 will probably show up around with the a new Mazda3/Ford Focus. As for a simple facelift, I don't see a need for one. It looks fine as is. A few new colors and wheels would be nice. I'd rather see performance upgrades- go steal some ideas from the Mazdaspeed3 or Focus ST. A bump up in HP or a new sport suspension. That would be cool.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Re: S40/V50 - Facelift (eurotrash)

Thats definitly needed on Volvo's part...some bigger wheels would be nice and colors definitly, maybe a new bodykit to choose from and maybe some other cosmetics, like the oem lip spoiler to be available here.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I agree.... I think the S40's styling is perfect as is. The S60 is the model needing a little change. It's a beautiful car, but I think it could use the "sharper" design cues of the 40

·
Registered
527 Posts
I actually hope that the S60 gets a new design all its own. I wouldnt want the S40 interior to be used in every single one of volvos models (except the XC90 of course)<br>I hope the S60 ushers in a whole new design, especially the interior.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Re: (SirSteak)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>SirSteak</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I actually hope that the S60 gets a new design all its own. I wouldnt want the S40 interior to be used in every single one of volvos models (except the XC90 of course)</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Volvo seems to be weill on its way to it, though. The C70 and S80 interiors look very familiar to us S40/V50 owners. I guess I'd be surprised to see anything radically different turn up in the S60.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts