SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here installed a tuning chip in there car. If so, how did the performance compare to stock? Is it a worthwhile upgrade?

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
I'm getting my wifes 2001 V40 chipped by Rene at Upsolute this week. The site shows 201 HP from chip and a few from the new inbox filter.<P>I've been told that these low pressure turbo systems tend to spring leaks with the chip, but I'm willing to fix them as they occure. I'm also told the new 5 speed auto is used in other models and will hold up well at 205 HP.<P>Last the US spec 2001 has a variable exhaust cam gear similar to VANOS from BMW, it is not advertised but I've pulled my engine cover(s) offf and sure enough my car has one. Woho!!! variable valve timming for the US only!!!! <A HREF="http://upsolute.com/eng/index.html" TARGET=_blank>http://upsolute.com/eng/index.html</A> <P>I don't speak a word of German? so if any of you can traslate the specs I'd be happy.<BR><p>[This message has been edited by Oldman (edited 05-03-2001).]

·
Registered
415 Posts
Looks like the UPsolute boys are doing a good job, UPsolute will be upgrading the code in my ecu chip next week as well. And yea we worked out a sponsorship so watch out for UPsolute logo's all over my car this weekend in Dallas!<P><BR>Carlos<BR>2001 Volvo S40 "Volvo for life"

·
Registered
3 Posts
Upsolute is great..<P>I just recieved a chip for my 00 Passat (yes it's a VW) They came out and installed it at a local GTG in Minnesota.. for the price is great when compared to APR and Garret (VW Tuners).<BR> Yes I have a VW... But the Upsolute that helped me is the same company... They are great and stand by their product..<P>MW<BR><P>

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Upsolute did my VW TDI, but not my volvo can be flash upgraded by ipd the us TME guys. The said early next year. One strange thing about this was they said they are testing the chip on 87 octane! What ever that means.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts