SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
07 S40 120k miles. Trunk would not unlatch at trunk switch or via key button. Trunk would open when turned off car ignition only, then eventually not at all. Had to crawl in to pull manual handle, until that no longer worked.
I replaced the trunk wiring harness ($50). No fix. Replaced actual trunk latch ($65 - Erie). No fix.
I then ordered the trunk switch handle housing ($17, FCP). Volvo PN 30699141. Fixed!! So do in reverse order of what I did and order housing first and save money!

With trunk open, You will need to remove trunk lid interior panel. Clips , handle, and latch cover.
Above license plate area: Remove long switch and license plate housing via 4 T25 screws. Remove black rubber trunk switch cover 2 T20 screws. Pop out housing and disconnect wiring harness. Remove license plate light covers and lights. Remove black rubber around switch area.
Pry gently at corners of old handle housing with a small flat screwdriver to get it out. New one slips right in. Install lights and covers, Put housing back on and connect wiring harness. Replace in reverse order.
This was a very annoying problem but can be fixed for $20 and about 20-40 minutes. Hope this helps, cheers.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I should mention the part I replaced contains the actual micro switch for trunk handle manual operation.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts