SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted this in the craiglist thread, but was hoping to start a discussion about this S40 I found...http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/5231218795.html

I have a very well maintained 2006 Volvo S40 T5 with a lot of custom work done to it. First off was the engine swap. It was swapped from a 2.4 liter to a 2.5 liter engine. I have all the paper work for the swap. The engine tht was put into was tuned to handle 650 horsepower but rite now it's dynoing at about 328 at the wheels. It has a custom front mount inter cooler and a the turbo is off of a Volvo S 80 so it's a little bit bigger then the stock turbo/ pushing about 14 psi depending on the weather. I had custom dual exhaust kit installed sounds amazing very deep rich sound not to loud jst rite. Turbo pulls very strong keeps up with most evos and stis car was built for big boost can handle way more with bigger turbo.
Claims 328whp, and the swapped block can handle 650hp. I was under the impression the P1 engine bay is too small to fit earlier T5s so maybe he sleeved/forged the B5254T3 block? And I'm curious how he got the S80 turbo to work? Maybe it can be bolted on? Not familiar with the T6 but after some googling, it seems their turbo is similarly integrated into the manifold.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Did you reach out to him and ask for details? I'm curious as well what he did for the turbo and for some engine bay pics as well.

There's something off about this classified post tho either that cars beat to hell or he's not a car guy because my ad would have been three pages long in detail and had every angle pic of my car you can think of.

"Embody god... Then go crazy"

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Did you reach out to him and ask for details? I'm curious as well what he did for the turbo and for some engine bay pics as well.

There's something off about this classified post tho either that cars beat to hell or he's not a car guy because my ad would have been three pages long in detail and had every angle pic of my car you can think of.

Interesting. That compressor side does look bigger than the stock s40 t5. Subscribed.

Jon, it does look like he has focus wheels or something. Am also see non stock exhaust tips.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I emailed him last night but no response yet. Might give him a call later since he put his # on there. And yeah the lack of details makes me a little suspicious of his "engine swap". Pretty low-effort craigslist post, wouldn't think he's much of a car guy.

Interesting. That compressor side does look bigger than the stock s40 t5. Subscribed.

Jon, it does look like he has focus wheels or something. Am also see non stock exhaust tips.
Wheels could possibly be Scotia too...looks like a similar spoke count.

Also seems he has the dynamic trim kit, plasti-dipped grill, and tint. Curious he mentions the automatic windows but not the cosmetic mods.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Honestly almost sounds like something picked up at an auction and the dudes just guessing relaying what he heard it had done. Hopefully he responds tho in still curious to see.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
i just saw the craiglist ad for this car too... i live in littleton. I laughed when i read boosted! keeps up with evo's and sti's.
I was about to post it here too and call Bullsh1t. sure 328 at the wheels and holds 650hp but he didnt mention how? what else was done except the s80 turbo.
the ad was suspicious and i personally dont believe the guy. two pictures barely any info. can the m66 hold that much power. anyway, which turbo is one the s80?

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
"All windows are fully automatic which is rare in most cars." - lololololololololol :screwy:

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the ad was suspicious and i personally dont believe the guy. two pictures barely any info. can the m66 hold that much power. anyway, which turbo is one the s80?
S80 T6 (at least the earlier models) used a TD03-8G. Pretty sure that's smaller than the stock K04 so I doubt he got 300+whp from that. Some T5 S80s came with a LPT (some kind of TD04) but I don't think those were sold in the states.

Anyways, I got heard back from the poster...sent him this:
Hey I saw your S40 on craigslist and might be interested in it. Could you tell me a bit more about the engine/turbo swap? Is the B5254T3 still in there (forged/sleeved maybe?) or did you use a block from another T5? What are the specs on the turbo (guessing it came from a T6)? Also who tuned it?
and got this in reply:
I have all the paper work for everything come check it out n il give u all the details
so...most likely bull****

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
First thing the paper works gonna say is salvage title lol

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
First thing the paper works gonna say is salvage title lol
haha yep! Forget this guy. remember he said "14psi and 330whp" im probably hitting close to 17psi and i bet im still not even 250whp.

But if any of you guys in the arear get invited to go check it out-- PM and ill ride over with you hahah!

Really sorry to thread steal. But Brown how are we neighbors and ive yet to see you driving around :what::what::eek::eek:
Depends where you spend time... i live near waterton (past the end of wadsworth) in douglas county.
Keep your eyes out.
summer setup (midirs)
winter setup (pegs/snow tires)

also i go to a lot of car meets on the weekends.. next friday or saturday should be another big one before winter so if your trying to go-- PM me!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts