What do you guys think? :)

·
Registered
207 Posts
looks like 19" if you lower the car a bit more i think it looks great

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
:thumbup: how does it ride? And what size tires did you go with?

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
LIKE!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Love the Ixion wheels, but 20" is just a bit too much for me. If they were 19" it would be perfect!

But overall it looks awesome! :D

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
wow it looks great! but not enough tire meat for my liking

·
Registered
658 Posts
Nice and clean! Nice and big! ...I just don't know if I could ever pull off 20's here in Manila with our crappy roads..:(
Or here in Portland, OR with our crappy roads. I think Manila or Iraq, is our "Sister City".

Like the wheels, btw. I would need around 40 for the tires at minimum, though.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Looks to ***** for me.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
With wheels like that you have to be just about right there for me . . .

But then again I can't imagine driving with that small a tire wall . . . :p

·
Registered
193 Posts
Pictures aren't pulling up for me. Can you provide a link that I can go to to see them?

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Hot! But agreed that more tire is needed!

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Too much wheel, too much flash. (I call those rubber band tires...) A clean car tho. With that wheel in 18's it would be great.

Anyone else hate how asymmetric wheels "point" one way on the left and the other way on the right? Make me a right and left wheel, or I'm sticking with symmetric wheels. Anyone??

·
Registered
9,122 Posts
Damn, looks pretty good. 20's are generally just slightly too big for my taste on these cars, but if you slammed it to where you were tucking tire it would pull it off better.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Looks amazing! They are big but clean looking. Great choice.

They bring the s40 back into looking relevant again sort of, like it belongs next to the 2012 models.

·
Registered
9,122 Posts
They look so heavy :eek: lol

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
^ lol yes. It looks amazing, but my goodness, I wouldn't be comfortable with those tires. 19" or 18" would look better IMO.

·
Super Moderator
15,188 Posts
Clean look = yes

Size for me = no, I have a hard enough time accepting 19" wheels on our cars. The short distance between the wheel wells and ends of the car make it look kind of squatty with huge wheels. But like I said, you have a very clean look with those so it's partially avoided.

5 spoke = heck yes! 5 or 10 with a 5 bolt pattern. None of that 7 or 14 spoke wheel trash that Volvo tries to sell their cars with.

Do you actually have air in those tires, or did you just wrap rubber around the wheel? :p Drive straight over a nail and it may poke your wheel!

If you like it, that's what matters most, it does look nice!

How many people have those tow hitches?!?!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts