SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember in the past there being confusion of the actual weight of the T5, even on volvocars.us, so this morning I decided to go get some numbers myself.

First I removed everything from my car, then removed the spare tire and jack. I weighed the spare; 27.8 lbs, and the jack; 4.2 lbs. At this point, the only additional weight to the car would be myself and the gas.

Then I went to completely fill up my gas tank, and then finally to the nearby dump (only a mile from the gas station) where I was hoping they would let me weigh my car. I pulled up and explained I was "conducting a physics experiment" which required me to know the weight of my car. The operator happily said yes and it came out to 3380 lbs.

So, subtract me (160 lbs) and the weight of the gas (15.9 gal * 6 lbs/gal @ 45 deg F = 95 lbs) and the total weight I came up with:

3125 lbs

·
Registered
247 Posts
Re: S40 T5 weight (agc525)

Quote, originally posted by agc525 »
I remember in the past there being confusion of the actual weight of the T5, even on volvocars.us, so this morning I decided to go get some numbers myself.

First I removed everything from my car, then removed the spare tire and jack. I weighed the spare; 27.8 lbs, and the jack; 4.2 lbs. At this point, the only additional weight to the car would be myself and the gas.

Then I went to completely fill up my gas tank, and then finally to the nearby dump (only a mile from the gas station) where I was hoping they would let me weigh my car. I pulled up and explained I was "conducting a physics experiment" which required me to know the weight of my car. The operator happily said yes and it came out to 3380 lbs.

So, subtract me (160 lbs) and the weight of the gas (15.9 gal * 6 lbs/gal @ 45 deg F = 95 lbs) and the total weight I came up with:

3125 lbs

Very nice........................ now if someone could find out the total weight of a AWD S40 T-5

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Re: S40 T5 weight (agc525)

sounds about right. volvo post a kerbweight of 1437, and i believe that requires a quarter tank of gas.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Re: S40 T5 weight (Mistral)

If you ever get REALLY bored , you can take apart several parts and weigh them. I've done this with my other car. got down to door panels , dash ,center console, pass seat, rear seat, all carpet and that stuff under it, pass side visor etc. with a few wrenches and a boring saturday, you can easily drop 200 lbs. I won't do this to my Volvo!!! ( at least not for now) but anyone up for the sub 3000 lb T5 challenge? how about 2900 lb??

·
Registered
53 Posts
Re: S40 T5 weight (Oldman)

anyone know what the awd systems adds to weight? my guess 100 lbs , how about the gear tronic ? my guess 75 lbs? am I close?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts