SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My S40 T5 has been having small leaks in coolant for a while now.. For the past 6 months, I have been topping up the coolant but recently the leaks have been getting worse.
Sometimes I return to the car and there is a small pool of coolant by the corner of the bumper on the driver side.
Brought the car down to the workshop and the machanic pointed out that the holder of the rubber pipes at the back of the engine (in the middle with pipes going into the body of the car) is corroded and that could be the source of the leak.

Anyone has similar issues?

Have taken photos of the part but haven't figured out how to post yet.

·
Registered
572 Posts
and there is a small pool of coolant by the corner of the bumper on the driver side.
Sounds like a radiator leak to me. Coolant would have a ways to travel to end up there if the oil cooler hoses are leaking (depends on how the car was parked though, as it could travel across the splash pan.) I've never seen a leak from the oil cooler - not that it isn't possible.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like a radiator leak to me. Coolant would have a ways to travel to end up there if the oil cooler hoses are leaking (depends on how the car was parked though, as it could travel across the splash pan.) I've never seen a leak from the oil cooler - not that it isn't possible.
Yep, I checked the corroded part again after driving. There was the same leak of coolant on the ground but the corroded part was dry. Not sure if thats really the part that's leaking but since it's corroded, will still get it replaced. But have to wait 2 weeks for the parts.

I remb there was some coolant stains under the engine the last time when the splash pan was removed during oil change. Will prob need to get the mechanic to check that out first.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Went to the workshop again and this time they said the thermostat is leaking which seems more likely as I can see coolant stains in the engine area.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts