SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know anything about the S40 Special Edition that is out now? I have heard about it, but I don't have any details.

·
Registered
415 Posts
The 2001 Volvo S40 "SE" will come in a color of Titanium ONLY, fully loaded, with minor mods to the body. Engine size remains the same and the car will show off the SE logo on the body.<P>Thanks to Don at volvoparts for the info!<P>Carlos<BR>2001 Volvo S40 "Volvo for life"

·
Registered
18 Posts
what is the difference between the S40 SE and the S40 Sport? I ordered the S40 "Sports Edition" in December, and will pick it up in 2 weeks. But after looking around various country web sites, I see references to the "SE" as well. It looks like what I ordered, but the nomenclature is different. Are there any differences?

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
The SE is the Sport Edition. Same car. Specs might be different on European models, as I am fairly certain US cars won't get HIDs etc. We have some pics of one that was delivered to my local dealer, and I just got the details on the car from Volvo. We'll try to have something up on the main site by tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Yes, I'm just quoting what's available on the US models. I think though that there is a Sport package for the S40 that includes a few extra options, and then there is the SE or Sport Edition, which is the car in question.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts