SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, <BR> <BR>I just purchased a 2002 S40 and was wondering about replacing the "premium speakers" in the door and rear deck. I know that they are 5 1/4 but was wondering if anyone here had any recommendations as to what model speakers sound the best in there with the stock receiver (HU-615). <BR> <BR>Thanks! <BR> <BR>Matt

·
Registered
17 Posts
to tell u the truth<BR>change the headunit first<BR>that make a WORLD of differencee.<BR>i changed my headunit first and it provided so much more power to the speakers they sounded so good!<BR>then later on i upgradedd to infinity kappa's and couldn't really tell the difference. the stock speakers are actually seemed better! but then i had the premium volvo speakers.<BR>but at any rate. changing the headunit will give better sound and when u turn up the volume u won't get that crackling sound.

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
Even better than changing the head-unit out, is to get an external amp. They you still get the stock look, the stock feel, and ASC, and all that. But with the external amp you won't get the poping at high volume. Amp is also cheaper than a new head-unit.<P>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts