SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Hello,

I thought it might be useful to share a DIY video I did on replacing the reverse light switch on my S40.
Hope it helps

Thanks, sure it will come handy to someone although i wish it was that easy on T5 :/ tried to tackle it once but cant get to it on M66 without taking off battery&tray&engine mount and thats not something i was able to do with my basic dyi skills.
ah well, one day...

·
Registered
2007 Volvo V50 T5 AWD M66
519 Posts
Thanks, sure it will come handy to someone although i wish it was that easy on T5 :/ tried to tackle it once but cant get to it on M66 without taking off battery&tray&engine mount and thats not something i was able to do with my basic dyi skills.
ah well, one day...
I didn't have to take off the engine mount. Battery and tray are basic DYI. You can do this! :)

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Yes, on the T5 M66 it is a knuckle buster if you try to do it without removing the battery and tray. I found out when my connector came off. Actually, I doubt you can replace the sensor with them in place. It really isn't a big deal to remove the battery and the tray. Just remember to put the key in position II when reconnecting the battery to prevent bad things from happening. It's in the Volvo instructions.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I did mine recently, and it was made much easier by the perfect depth thin-walled deep socket.

Reactions: DB192
1 - 5 of 5 Posts