SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,<BR>I had a question. The remote that comes with the Volvo S40 that unlocks/locks the doors, does it open/unlock/lock the trunk as well??<BR>Basically I'm getting at what does the remote do.<P>They only give us 2 sets of full keys(they open doors and trunk) with the car, 2 remotes, and a valet key. So I guess if I get the valet key(only operates car, can't open trunk) and a remote(to open the truck/unlock/lock doors) I should be ok. Right?

·
Registered
188 Posts
The remote does unlock the trunk but does not open it for you as in like "pop up" effect. You still have to push the key ring area to pop the truck open. <P>As for the valet key, that is a good question. Say if someone has the door open, the first press of the unlock opens just the driver side. If you press it again, it unlocks all the doors as well as the trunk. Same goes if you to hit the unlock button on the driver and passenger side door. If the valet can access your trunk this way, I am kinda stumped how the 'valet' key helps at all unless it is for the glove compartment only (?)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, i think if you double lock the trunk, like not only lock regular but turn the key again, the valet key can't open that

·
Registered
3 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lorddraco98:<BR><B>Hi,<BR>I had a question. The remote that comes with the Volvo S40 that unlocks/locks the doors, does it open/unlock/lock the trunk as well??<BR>Basically I'm getting at what does the remote do.<P>They only give us 2 sets of full keys(they open doors and trunk) with the car, 2 remotes, and a valet key. So I guess if I get the valet key(only operates car, can't open trunk) and a remote(to open the truck/unlock/lock doors) I should be ok. Right? </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is this an oversight but what is the point in having a valet key when you can drop down the rear seats and get in the boot/trunk that way ?<BR>

·
Super Moderator
39,231 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ray_T:<BR><B>Is this an oversight but what is the point in having a valet key when you can drop down the rear seats and get in the boot/trunk that way ?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Yeah...I have asked this question via e-mail and telephone calls to Volvo...This was more than 8 months ago...still waiting. I am tired of begging for answers so the heck with it. Doesn't make sense, right?<P>Yannis<P>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts