SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,124 Posts
Re: s40 manual swap? (s40beast)

Being that this car has way too many modules, I dont know if a manual swap would be possible without interrupting some communication problems. That is unless you were able to get SW ordered somehow in which you could remove the TCM...

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I would say its possible but just get this http://www.easyexport.us/carfi...99940 14 hours left and at less than $1000. You can go to the dealership I believe and have the VIN removed from the ECU and yours put in and then you can switch all the parts over including the awd. Its kinda my plan but you can give it a shot.

·
Registered
9,124 Posts
Re: (s40beast)

I wouldnt say that its impossible, the mechanical side is straight forward but would be not cost or time effective. Would require much more work than just purchasing another car...

·
Registered
486 Posts
your looking in too much money spent and time. these cars have way to many modules and sensors to make it an easy job. You are better off just buying a manual car. Save your self money and time and headache
when i was 18 i did the swap on a 98 dodge neon and it was a pain doing it. Especially when it came to replacing the pedals.

·
Registered
622 Posts

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
I believe the 2.4i used the M56 5-speed manual tranny vs the T5 M66 6 speed manual.

I have an M66 FWD available but it needs a bearing and shift forks. Rock Auto lists the bearing fairly inexpensive.

Reactions: Facusan
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.