SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace my cracked headlight and I was wondering if anybody knows any information on those lights that have the rainbow effect and seem to change colors. Ive seen them on Audis, Lexus', and Mercedes'. I was told that they were ion lights. If anybody can tell me pricing and any specific types that are compatible with a 2000 s40 I would be very grateful.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
I think you might mean HID (High Intensity Discharge) or Xenon lighting. Volvo did make those for the 40-series, but just in Europe as far as I can tell. If you have any friends in Europe, or a user on this site offers, you might be able to order some and have them shipped over.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You don't really need the one from Volvo. I buy an aftermarket convertion kit and it cost me around $750US for the kit and installation. Cause my kit is 6000K, therefore it looks even better than those on the bimmer or mercedes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.