SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Re: S40 Four Seasons Review in Automobile Mag. (danbanana)

Interesting to see they reviewed the 2.4i over the T5; I haven't read many articles that have done that. None the less, it's nice to see another great review on the S40...they just don't stop coming, do they?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Re: S40 Four Seasons Review in Automobile Mag. (agc525)

I think it's appropriate considering that many more people search for the 2.4i over the T5.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: S40 Four Seasons Review in Automobile Mag. (agc525)

I think it's a glowing review that echo most of our opinions on the car. I also think it further proves the polarizing affect of it's design. I have yet to read a review that is indifferent on either the interior or exterior design. Every review is "gosh-wow-how cool!" or complaints about the "cheapness" of the looks.

I (obviously) tend to favor the former: the interior of this car is one of the best I've ever seen. My aluminum door panels are kind of dinged up, but that stuff is minor to me. I wish more companies were less conservative with their design.

I also agree 100% with the reviews comments on the clutch. I sat in an S40 at the '05 Chicago Auto Show. As soon as I pressed the clutch down, I knew I was buying one. BUTTER. Something very important to one who sits in traffic daily but refuses to buy an auto...

·
Registered
102 Posts
Re: (TheProfessor)

Great read... I tend to agree with most points in the article. The interior is what sold me on the car!

Interestingly enough - I had the same Starter Control Module issue at 22000 miles. Mybe there was a faulty batch during the 2005 model year. Very frustrating. It was of course replaced under warranty and all seems to be fine now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts