SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004.5 s40 r design. In need of fog light housing (both left and right) since mine melted due to a long drive with them on. Hit me up.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
656 Posts
The adjuster on my driver's fog had been broken for a while, and my temp fix finally just failed, so I recently picked up a used housing on eBay, there were a handful for sale that weren't overpriced. Here's one http://m.ebay.com/itm/05-06-07-Volv...mp-30698627-used-oem-/161882411287?nav=SEARCH , and I think the seller has the other side too. Not vouchng for this, make sure no broken tabs, etc. Also curious how you melted the housing, did you have HIDs in it?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope just regular 55w halogen bulb from ebay. Was driving for like 13 hours straight and yeah. They started to get dimmer and dimmer and didn't see them at all. Looked, and found out the housing melted

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
That's crazy they shouldn't be melting the housings. Maybe they accidently sent you 100w?

Sent from my HTC M9 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
can you share the link to the ebay halogen bulbs you used? sometimes "hyper white" or "superbright" bulbs are higher wattage... i melted wiring in my old subaru legacy wagon doing the same thing

1 - 5 of 5 Posts