SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Re: S40 DRIVe D5 Wins What Car? Green Car of the Year in Britain ([email protected])

That is flat out awesome! The S40 1.6 beat the Supermini Fiat 500 in lower CO2 as well as MPG's. That is awesome and awesome! A mid size car beating a supermini.

Thanks for that good read! http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
243 Posts
Re: S40 DRIVe D5 Wins What Car? Green Car of the Year in Britain ([email protected])

GRR!!

Not a big fan of those rims, but just goes to show that a #$%load of nice cars never reach our shores. Had myself a V70 D5 when I was in Germany and it was a blast. Besides a bit of clatter when warming up in the morning and a noticeably lower tach, none of my passengers could tell it was a diesel. Only thing was the horrid turn circle. Would have been lovely having me a D5 over here.....Sigh.

·
Registered
8,433 Posts

Yes Good Figures , but You must Deduct 20% for the Imperial Gal.
Which is Still Really Great , Hop It's Coming to Our Shores .

·
Registered
91 Posts
Re: S40 DRIVe D5 Wins What Car? Green Car of the Year in Britain (Bigblk4)

Quote, originally posted by Bigblk4 »
That is flat out awesome! The S40 1.6 beat the Supermini Fiat 500 in lower CO2 as well as MPG's. That is awesome and awesome!

Would you say it is....awesome?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Re: S40 DRIVe D5 Wins What Car? Green Car of the Year in Britain (LennyQ)

Quote, originally posted by LennyQ »

Would you say it is....awesome?

No I would say its AWESOME and AWESOME!
Seriously I love the fact a midsize car can beat out a supermini. I mean look at the Honda FIT 28 city/35 highway mpg, the thing is freaking tiny. The 2005 T5 I drive adverages around 27-28 mpg mixed driving. I can tell you which one I feel safer driving, which one would you prefer to drive?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Re: S40 DRIVe D5 Wins What Car? Green Car of the Year in Britain (jdsr917)

Quote, originally posted by jdsr917 »
Im amazed i didn't even think Volvo cared about the enviroment today i learnt something new Thanks for that

http://www.volvocars.com/sg/fo....aspx

Think Volvo is one of the 'pioneers' in environmentally friendly manufacturing?...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.