SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there guys, this my first post (where to do introduction?)..

I recently bought my S40 2.0d engine.
Really pleased with car...but music is a pain.

Yesterday i remove my radio to see wich version/serial number of stereo my car has.

It as a 34W515 /CD-P1L with single CD.
My questions are:
- can i adapt Grom (or any other) interface, or my radio it's not compatible??
- if yes, please advice me to proceed to this modification. I only need to buy interface and install it, and that's it?or do i need something else??

thank's

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
I believe GROM has a unit for the Single Disc system and the CD Changer system. I have no experience with it but I did use a Denison Gateway 500 with my previous V50 that had Permium Sound (CD changer). Don't believe the Denison site regarding compatibility. The Gateway 500 only works with the CD Changer system.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe GROM has a unit for the Single Disc system and the CD Changer system. I have no experience with it but I did use a Denison Gateway 500 with my previous V50 that had Permium Sound (CD changer). Don't believe the Denison site regarding compatibility. The Gateway 500 only works with the CD Changer system.
My radio only has one plug (MOST and 4 terminals in the same plug), that's why i'm making this questions, before spending money on uncompatible interfaces.
Is there any other products cheaper than Grom or Denison?

We are in the year 2019, so could it be possible to exists another interfaces like Grom and Denison?
This interfaces are not cheaper...

Maybe the best solution is to adapt aftermarket radio in the glove compartment

1 - 3 of 3 Posts