SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Long time lurker who has finally picked up a 2006 S40 2.4i. I have scoured through the forum and looked at all the things you have all done to your Volvo's - so many things infact that I don't know what to do myself.

I know the 2.4i can never be a speed demon and that is fine with me - I just enjoy the comfortable ride. What I am interested in though is if you could do just one mod to your Volvo to improve drivability what would it be?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Invest in good tires.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Invest in good tires.
+1 also some stainless brake lines will help with pedal feel and thicker brake fluid will help remove the touchyness of the volvo panic brake system.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I got the 1.8F engine, not a speed demon either but I got lowering springs and some bigger rims with wider tires = felt like a brand new car. Quicker steering response, cutting corners like a go cart without any "rolling" effect and so much more fun to drive.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Only 1 cheap mod? Rear sway bar. Used MazdaSpeed 3 on eBay for less than $100.

·
Registered
659 Posts
E-focus torque mount. You will feel the difference. And what others have mentioned above; springs, sway bar, etc. Strut brace too, inexpensive if you score a used one. LED city lights and rear plate lights; cheap quick enhancement for appearance in the dark. Clearly not just one mod, but who can do just one?!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys for all the suggestions - you have given me much to think about!

Quick follow up question. Regarding this:

Only 1 cheap mod? Rear sway bar. Used MazdaSpeed 3 on eBay for less than $100.
Is there a reason to use the Mazda rear sway bar other than price in comparison to getting something new from iPd?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
The eBay M3 spoiler always looks good on our cars IMO and dirt cheap plus comes prepainted, de-unicorn the muffler, get a nice set of wheels after lowering it and call it a day. 🏼

"Embody god... Then go crazy"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts