SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. The other day while driving. I made a rather quick stop and knock over my lemonade. Unfortunately some it got into the "S" button. I cleaned it up as quickly as possible. A coupe of hours later I noticed the button was sticking. Yesterday I decided to look into cleaning around the button and it worked for a little while. Now the light is not illuminating when press on the button. However is does work in the Advance setting.

1. Can I remove the shifter trim from the assembly to check and maybe clean the contacts?

2. Once I get the trim off, Can I remove the shifter part to get to the button to clean?

3. Should just look for another shifter assembly used?

:angryfire:

Thx.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Button is not part of the shifter assy.
If you take the console apart, just buy and install a new button.

·
Registered
175 Posts
CAUTION, THIS MIGHT DESTROY/STRIP THE PAINT ON THE CONSOLE!!!

Get some spray contact cleaner from the parts store. Soak it down good while manipulating the switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
I would not do this but it's your wagon

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Just so I’m clear. I can release the shifter assembly from the trim? It looks like there are a couple clips underneath the trim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was able to detach the trim from the shifter assembly. Removed three of the four t10 screws. I then took out the button. Pretty dirty in the there. I tried to clean out as best as I can. Reassembled everything. Test and still not working except for in advanced mode. Ill wait and see if it comes back but if not I may try to find used shifter assembly.

Thank you JRL & JetPaul for the responses.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts