SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody who has the 2002 S60 have rusty wheel nuts and are there any solution to it?

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bad news is yes, I just noticed the rusted wheel nuts over the weekend. Good news is that I have an appointment to take the car in for a few things tomorrow, so I hopefully will have an answer and replacements.

·
Registered
39 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by Mr. T5:
Does anybody who has the 2002 S60 have rusty wheel nuts and are there any solution to it?

Thanks
I noted the same problem on my 2001 S60 2.4T, only is was not so much rust as rather shoddy looking lugs. My solution to this was to go out and buy some "touch-up" paint in a small bottle. This came with a small brush and I picked a silver color. After cleaning the exposed surface of the lugs, I re-painted them. They look so much better now. When needed, I just re-paint.

The lug nuts supplied by Volvo are a joke. In my opinion, these are cosmetic items with high visability. Why Volvo would supply such a poor quality item on a "premium quality" vehicle, is beyond me.

That is my simple solution to this problem.

Regards,

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Volvo does offer chrome locking wheel nuts as a seperate part that you can order. I think that they cost around $47 or so. If any of you are interested in that, I am sure that your dealer will be able to help you on the part numbers, etc. I agree, I think thay make a big difference in the way that the wheels look overall.

-Drew

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just picked my car up at the dealer and they replaced the rusting nuts, telling me that 'there was a bad batch' that had been rusting.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
quote:

Originally posted by S60Detroit:
I just picked my car up at the dealer and they replaced the rusting nuts, telling me that 'there was a bad batch' that had been rusting.
Well, the fact is that volvo is using things that are more environmentally friendly. And as a result, it rust or biodegradable. The only way to fix this problem is to replace them with chrome ones and no matter what volvo supplies for stock cars, they will have rust some time in the future.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts