SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all,<br> I have a MY2002XC. Circumstances dictate that I am able to drive the auto only about once a week. I know the rotors will rust somewhat,but my experience with a 99 V70 these rotors {rear}<br> warped at 11k and again at 15k. Can I expect to get the same results?<br> All service was done by dealer. Do these brakes tend to warp by simply not putting much mileage on them in combination with the rust? I currently<br> put about 7k mile a year on the wagon.<br> Thanks<br>

·
Registered
6,888 Posts
Re: Rust on rotors (tvman)

warping can also be causing by way overtightened lug nouts. Make sure that your wheels are properly torqued on. that should help.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Re: Rust on rotors (tvman)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Greetings all,<br> I have a MY2002XC. Circumstances dictate that I am able to drive the auto only about once a week. I know the rotors will rust somewhat, <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><p>Rusted rotors can warp. But I seriously doubt that leaving your car parke for a week will cause such sever rusting. <p>On our lot, I make sure that each car that has had its plastic brake covers removed gets driven every 4-5 days, especially in the winter when it rains more often. And when we move them, I tell my salespeople and the lot guy to not hit the brakes hard. We start the car slowly and as we drive around the building, we stay at a max. speed of 10 mph and we keep our foot on the brake (lightly) until the surface rust has been removed (you can hear thm when they are rusted and then the sound goes away).<p>Yannis

1 - 3 of 3 Posts