SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I would like to install some LED light and put a switch in the cabin... But i don't find any place to pass the wire in the interior of the car from the hood. If someone has already done this installation, where did you pass the wire??

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
You should have some rubber "grommits" in the firewall. Hidden bottom left/bottom right.

·
Registered
153 Posts
It comes into the engine bay behind the battery so if you remove the battery and battery box it is much easier to see and get to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while cruising the V50

·
Super Moderator
15,188 Posts
Only on the GT will you have that rubber plug by the brake, it's the hole for the clutch pedal.

My boost gauge tube goes through that hole, it comes up behind the battery. It's a little tricky to get at, but be patient and you can do it.

Also, many people have gone through the glove box to get to the engine bay. I'm not sure how this works, as I haven't done it.

Are we talking about LEDs under the bonnet? Or underglow on the car? Or in the cabin? I'm trying to think of other options you may have for wiring sources and where to route wires for a switch...

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
I you have a stick (manual) you'll have to go through the passenger side of the car. Well that's assuming you're from the states or somewhere else that does left hand drive. This is an international board. Add some stuff to your profile!

But for my sub install (car specs below), I had to run wires through the passenger side. They end up behind the glove box and you can route from there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts