SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else noticed a slight rumbling/vibration when braking at highway speeds, from about 70 or 75 down to 45 or 50? My XC makes a low rumbling noise and slight vibration in the wheel, not quite warped rotor, but definitely not smooth braking. Dealer had car for 3 days and said they couldn't reproduce it, but I can, so hoping someone can help with what to tell dealer or what the fix was for their XC.

Thanks in advance,
Rick

·
Registered
49 Posts
I certainly do as well. I just assumed it was brake pad deposits on the rotors, and don't consider it bad enough to take it in. They can't reproduce it - a load of hogwash. I'm surprised they didn't tell you it was just normal...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They pretty much said "car's operating properly, thank you and play again" . but I did get a software update that gives me "Polestar" mode instead of "Dynamic"

·
Registered
664 Posts
Hard braking from 50 to 0 a few times should do it, obviously on a safe section of road, with no traffic.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Hard braking from 50 to 0 a few times should do it, obviously on a safe section of road, with no traffic.
Don't let it go to zero. Let off before it comes to a complete stop otherwise you risk adding another deposit.

mta: I have the vibration as well and plan to do this too.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I had a braking vibration that showed up after a few thousand miles, and the dealer replaced both front rotors at no charge to me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts