SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i taped off my takspeed badge while i was painting my rear R badge and when i pulled the tape off about half of the paint came off. soo i was wondering what kind of place you guys think i could take it to to get it painted again. i have a front badge as well which was in rough shape from rock chips which they could go off of to copy the design but im just not sure who i should take it to.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Go to a hobby shop, find some model enamel in the closest colors you can find,
Buy a small model brush and paint away

(What in the world kind of tape did you use???)

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Pics or you have camRy badges on your car.

·
Registered
373 Posts
scotch tape
Oooh.. never.. EVER.. use scotch tape for masking. It's stronger than you think. ALWAYS use the green "Frog" tape or the 3M Blue painter's tape. That stuff always comes off clean (unless you leave it on for like.. a year in the heat.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Oooh.. never.. EVER.. use scotch tape for masking. It's stronger than you think. ALWAYS use the green "Frog" tape or the 3M Blue painter's tape. That stuff always comes off clean (unless you leave it on for like.. a year in the heat.
+1

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ya i know that now. that is exactly what i thought "its just scotch tape ittle be fine" :( now i ruined badges i cant buy anymore. so angry.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
here is my attempt at a fix. im no artist but I think its good enough. for $6 worth of paint and brushes. sanded the old piece down, primed and painted it blue then taped off around the yellow squares and painted those yellow. little bit of touch up and there you go.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts