SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have ordered the XC90 T6 Inscription with the Rugged Styling Kit, Dark Grey & Side Scuff Plates. I am a little confused as to what kind of wheels are included in the package. In the on line video it shows that the wheels also changes looks when the package is applied. It appears that the wheels with this package turn into a 6 spoke tech-mat kind. I cannot find anything in writing that will substantiate that this “wonderful” change is part of the Rugged Style Package. Can anyone confirm that those wheels are part of the package or if they have to be punches separately? IF they are a separate option WHAT are they called????? Since I have ordered through OSD for an April delivery I just want to be sure that the order is correct.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I have ordered the XC90 T6 Inscription with the Rugged Styling Kit, Dark Grey & Side Scuff Plates. I am a little confused as to what kind of wheels is included in the package. In the on line video it shows that the wheels also changes looks when the package is applied. It appears that the wheels with this package turn into a 6 spoke tech-mat kind. I cannot find anything in writing that will substantiate that this “wonderful” change is part of the Rugged Style Package. Can anyone confirm that those wheels are part of the package or if they have to be punches separately? IF they are a separate option WHAT are they called????? Since I have ordered through OSD for an April delivery I just want to be sure that the order is correct.
Are you in the US? Looking at the US Accessories list for Overseas Delivery, there's no explicit mention of wheels in the Rugged Luxury styling kit. See pages 9 and 10 of the link below.

http://www.flyvolvo.com/2016XC90accessories.pdf

You may want to reach out and email the FDC directly to find out more directly from the folks in Sweden: [email protected]

·
Registered
602 Posts
I have ordered the XC90 T6 Inscription with the Rugged Styling Kit, Dark Grey & Side Scuff Plates. I am a little confused as to what kind of wheels are included in the package. In the on line video it shows that the wheels also changes looks when the package is applied. It appears that the wheels with this package turn into a 6 spoke tech-mat kind. I cannot find anything in writing that will substantiate that this “wonderful” change is part of the Rugged Style Package. Can anyone confirm that those wheels are part of the package or if they have to be punches separately? IF they are a separate option WHAT are they called????? Since I have ordered through OSD for an April delivery I just want to be sure that the order is correct.
The one I have seen at our dealership did not have the same wheel. You need to upgrade those wheels ASAP.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you in the US? Looking at the US Accessories list for Overseas Delivery, there's no explicit mention of wheels in the Rugged Luxury styling kit. See pages 9 and 10 of the link below.

http://www.flyvolvo.com/2016XC90accessories.pdf

You may want to reach out and email the FDC directly to find out more directly from the folks in Sweden: [email protected]
Thanks

In the on line video displayed in the “Build & Price Volvo” it also show a change of wheel when explaining the Rugged accessory package. I know it is not the same as shown in the online accessory listing. I have seen it and used that list to order the my vehicle. I would like to know the type and model # of the wheels shown in the video so I can see if they are available to be ordered and possible installed before or when I pick up the car in Sweden

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
The kit does not include wheels. Wheels are always a separate item. Your Inscription comes standard w/ the 20" 8-spoke wheels. They will look find w/ this kit. 21" may look a little better but 20" should be fine.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The kit does not include wheels. Wheels are always a separate item. Your Inscription comes standard w/ the 20" 8-spoke wheels. They will look find w/ this kit. 21" may look a little better but 20" should be fine.
Thanks for the reply. It was just a little "confusing" to watch the video explaining to rugged style kit and see that they also include a change in the wheels. The change looked great but it was NOT covered in the write up. Also I could not find any reference to the wheels actually shown in the video. Do you know which wheels they are using?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts