SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I've got a 2005 S60R at around 66K miles. In the past few weeks, I've noticed a strange rubbing sound that briefly occurs when I'm around 3000RPM. It sounds sort of like the wheel-rubbing-plastic sound our cars make when you turn the wheels to full lock, but not nearly as loud. I considered that maybe my wheels were rubbing against the wheel well liners under acceleration, but this doesn't make sense as the sound only appears at right around 3000RPM. I also think maybe it could be intake/turbo related, but that's only a gut feeling. I guess I should mention that I removed the over-engine pipe recently in order to change my spark plugs--shortly before this started occurring. Ive double checked and the over engine pipe seems to be securely fastened...

Any ideas?

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi guys,

I've got a 2005 S60R at around 66K miles. In the past few weeks, I've noticed a strange rubbing sound that briefly occurs when I'm around 3000RPM. It sounds sort of like the wheel-rubbing-plastic sound our cars make when you turn the wheels to full lock, but not nearly as loud. I considered that maybe my wheels were rubbing against the wheel well liners under acceleration, but this doesn't make sense as the sound only appears at right around 3000RPM. I also think maybe it could be intake/turbo related, but that's only a gut feeling. I guess I should mention that I removed the over-engine pipe recently in order to change my spark plugs--shortly before this started occurring. Ive double checked and the over engine pipe seems to be securely fastened...

Any ideas?
Come to think of it, im relatively sure that this noise is coming from my turbo. that would explain why it takes ~3000rpm before it kicks in. if i then let off the throttle a bit and go under 3000rpm, the sound will persist, although a bit less noticeable.

any ideas why my turbo could be making noise?

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Could be literally anything
Have you had someone check the wheel bearings?
They can make some odd noises when starting to go south

1 - 6 of 6 Posts