SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have an 06 GT. There is a tube to the left of the oil cap that goes under the blue engine cover
The tube has a slight crack and oil seeps out over time
I'm thinking this is part of the pcv system or something?

Is there a parts diagram I can use to identify and order a replacement?
I may try to epoxy it etc . . . any thoughts . . . .?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
replace with part in link
if you need a quick temporary fix i have herd of people having success with heat shrink if you have to wait for a new one to come in. it is part of the PCV breather system.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Holly hell batman . . . my pcv breather tube was cracked in several places
Complete junk @ 70K mils . . . probably since 55K or so

Dealer matched IPD's price
After removing the engine covers (blue) and manifold cover)
I was able to pop the new one in place
A little trouble on the lower part but able to get it secure with the metal clamp in place and some pressure from above

Rock n roll . . . but shame on volvo for a lousy piece . . good thing the new one is an upgraded version

Probably could have had this done under the 8/80K emissions warranty but rather not let the dealer near my R

rock n roll . . . .

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Volvo should have put better quality parts on a lot of things. Get use to saying that. Lol.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Volvo should have put better quality parts on a lot of things. Get use to saying that. Lol.
I believe the newer tubes are of better quality then the originals but I totally agree with you.

·
Premium Member
10,797 Posts
I believe the newer tubes are of better quality then the originals but I totally agree with you.
The new tubes are actually 2004 R tubes. 05+ had the plastic brittle ones. So when one fails an 04 piece is used to fix it

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
yep i just did this a week or two ago i had to take out the air box in order to get the bottom clamp on but it can be done. make sure you test the pcv system by putting a rubber glove over the dipstick tube or oil filler hole to verify there is suction after you replace the hose to ensure the system isnt plugged anywhere

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
The new tubes are actually 2004 R tubes. 05+ had the plastic brittle ones. So when one fails an 04 piece is used to fix it
the one good thing from the '04 that is still used :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts