SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an aftermarket cargo mat already but I really don't like it.
Mine is made of hard plastic and it's impossible to get to spare tire well without pulling that cargo mat out. I need to remove every bit of what's inside in my trunk, then side net pockets must be removed, then cargo mat and only then floor panels can be opened. Really annoying.
Thinking about volvo oem cargo mat. They are still available. Brochure says it's made of form-moulded plastic but I've seen in pictures that it easily folds and bends.
So question is..
What material is used? I have kit of volvo rubber floor mats. Is it the same material? Is it flexible enough so I could roll it or fold it to get access to compartments under floor panels?

I'm talking about this...

·
Registered
17,683 Posts
They’re very flexible. It’s a very nice mat all my cars have them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Ditto, i've got 2, one in the car, one in the house with the cat litter boxes on it (works great for that too).

Plenty flexible to get into the spare tire area for little things stored in there.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I have seen in pictures some of them have VOLVO written on but some don't have. Are there any more differencies?
And what about side net pockets? Do they interfere with cargo mat? Is it possible to get cargo mat out of the way without pulling net pockets out if I want to get to spare tire?
Sorry for dumb questions but I want to be sure it fits my needs.

·
Registered
17,683 Posts
I have seen in pictures some of them have VOLVO written on but some don't have. Are there any more differencies?
And what about side net pockets? Do they interfere with cargo mat? Is it possible to get cargo mat out of the way without pulling net pockets out if I want to get to spare tire?
Sorry for dumb questions but I want to be sure it fits my needs.
New ones don’t say Volvo. If you want to keep the side mats you need to cut the edges off that’s why the divider is raised.

·
Registered
17,400 Posts
+1
I only have this in the XC, but that's because that is the only car that really carries "stuff". I don't put much in the R, and thus commandeered the black carpet one from the XC, which was perfect since it had one of these on top and the VR did not have the carpeted cargo cover.
They’re very flexible. It’s a very nice mat all my cars have them.

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
I have a Volvo one (pictured by OP) in my current P80 V70R. It is easily flexible enough to fold back for access to the floor hatch. In my previous P80 V70R, I had the Weathertech version, which was made of a slightly more rigid compound, but I could also easily fold it back if I needed to. (I almost never need to get into that compartment, so it wasn't/isn't an issue)
The Weathertech is interesting, since it seems to have an optional snap-in bumper cover that looks pretty slick. They also have a modular cargo-holding blocks available.
Not sure if this could be had outside the US.

https://www.weathertech.com/volvo/2000/v70/cargo-liner/bodystyle/wagon/

Not a Volvo, but same deal from them:

Trunk Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Bumper

The Volvo one works perfectly well, too.
Not sure either one would let you get away without removing your side pockets.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have a Volvo one (pictured by OP) in my current P80 V70R. It is easily flexible enough to fold back for access to the floor hatch. In my previous P80 V70R, I had the Weathertech version, which was made of a slightly more rigid compound, but I could also easily fold it back if I needed to. (I almost never need to get into that compartment, so it wasn't/isn't an issue)
The Weathertech is interesting, since it seems to have an optional snap-in bumper cover that looks pretty slick. They also have a modular cargo-holding blocks available.
Not sure if this could be had outside the US.

https://www.weathertech.com/volvo/2000/v70/cargo-liner/bodystyle/wagon/

Not a Volvo, but same deal from them:

View attachment 51197

The Volvo one works perfectly well, too.
Not sure either one would let you get away without removing your side pockets.
I have the weather tech cargo mat in my ‘10 V70R
I believe it was about $120. I am very happy with it 2 yrs on. It is plenty flexible and light..easy to take in/out and clean.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts