SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Who can help me?

I own a MY 2002 V70 with a RTI DVD navigation system. With this RTI system came a DVD-disc (europe). How can determine the release date of this disc? I already found on the following data:

XXX_XX_200102R

and

0008673731A

Thnx,

Ron

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey Ron,I have a S80 T6 Elite on order with the RTI, but have to BUY the Europe CD-R for the system.......have you tried the Europe CD-R in your RTI? Does it work like the US map CD-R, do you get the audio portion too? I'm very interested, and was told the US spec Volvo w/RTI comes with the US CD-R, and the Europe map CD-R doesn't have the audio capability. Let me know please. Want to sell your Europe CD-R? I'm in the market, living here in Bavaria. Hope to get my car in October in Goteborg BTW. Best from Bavaria! Rick

·
Registered
3 Posts
Rick,

I have the RTI in my new 2002 S80 T6 with the Europe DVD currently installed. I will get the US DVD when I ship the car back to the states. Although I have not seen the US map, I have heard it has voice, but the Europe one does not. I am not sure of the reason, but the number of languages in Europe 'may' have something to do with it. Not really sure.

Ron, I will look at my DVD and see if I can see anything that looks like a date. I was curious about the updates as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys. I've got a Volvo S40 with a Volvo RTI CD navigation system. I've got a BENELUX map and cos' they're so damn expensive, I'm willing to exchange a copy for any other map. You can easily make copies with Clone CD that you can find just about everywhere on the internet. If you're interested, mail me to [email protected] . Cheers

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Re: (Dean)

Interesting, not only does the US version have choice of male or female voice, but you can select French, Spanish or English language.

Doug H

·
Registered
13 Posts
Re: (defgh1)

Hello all,

The European DVDs all have voice (male/female) in a range of languages, it is just a matterr of activating them from the Menu.

The English lady's voice is a bit to strict and harsh for my liking so its the man or nothing.. Bythe way, the Nordic lady is much nicer to listen, can she please record the English version !

Best regards, megamiles

·
Registered
4 Posts
Re: (megamiles)

Hey Megamiles, wots wrong with Englishe women ?
?

I have a 2003 S40 fitted with a HU-1205. I think I have the latest UK/Ireland CD's but I cannot get any TMC information, no extra voices either just a male. Can you help with any other information.

Thanks

George :

·
Registered
13 Posts
Re: (Len-Tikular)

Hello Len-Tikular,

She is very strict ! Where as the others sound much nicer, even if you can't understand what is being said

The following link is the lastest Volvo RTI info

http://www.volvocars.com/About...K.htm

Your model year suggests that the disc is 30752768 (which would be 0514 in this context) which I assume is a CD rather than DVD based system.

I have no direct knowledge of this disc so can't comment on the TMC, but as far as I know all RTI navi computers have ALWAYS had TMC capability (its just an additional FM radio tuner
and the updated software to activate it.

I think it is a safe bet to assume an 05xx disc will have TMC activated for UK. I suggest talking to the dealer and getting them to confirm (by looking at the Volvo intranet or the case to see if it has a TMC logo on CD jacket).

Assuming you get the disc and can activate TMC it is great, I have missed loads of hold up, virtually one every day !

Best regards, megamiles

·
Registered
4 Posts

Hi, And many thanks for your response.

The two new CD's are 30667724-0514, CD-P23GB10-1
The originals were 8673018 0122, CD-P23GB7-1

Additionall the new set has Ireland where the originals did not.

Both sets have the RTI logo. I have not been able to read either sets of discs in any player other that the HU-1205 installed in the car. I'm assuming they are CD's and not DVD's ???

I'll have a look at the link you sent me but if you do have any other info I would be very gratefull

Best regards

George

·
Registered
4 Posts

Hi Megamiles. Here is the response from Volvo, I post it as it may help others......

The unit in your vehicle has always been capable of receiving TMC
however this system has not been available in the UK until recently.
Your older discs will pick up transmissions in Continental Europe whose
governments have sponsored the provision of these transmissions.

As with any road map, our DVD maps and CD maps are updated on a regular basis and we have recently updated the map and have included in this latest release the capability of receiving the TMC transmissions.
Therefore in order to receive TMC in this country you will need to
purchase a new RTI/TMC disc from your local Volvo Authorised dealership.
The part number of the disc for Europe is: 30775267 which supersedes:
30752548. It comes as a 3 disc set, one for UK and Nordic Countries and
one for Eastern Europe and the other is Western Europe.

I realy feel let down that I have to purchase the discs in order to get the system working.

Best regards

George

·
Registered
13 Posts
Re: (Len-Tikular)

Hello George,

As I suspected, all RTI navi systems (what ever age) have had the ability to receive TMC broadcasts. Basically the RTI navi has an additional FM radio tuner to "listen" to the broadcasts.

I'll qualify this by saying European based systems, rather than US versions as there is no TMC feature yet in the US though trials are underway. Japan has a different system to TMC called FM-multiplex, it is more sophisticated but consider it like the European system as far a mapping and traffic symbols are concerned.

As for the discs, you just need to check you are getting the correct type and version, DVD or CD based. I am fairly sure the numbers you have been given refer to the DVD based discs (which indeed are split over 3 DVDs as I advised earlier in this post).

The set 307525 48 (also known as 0520) is the latest per Volvo website, but in fact the actually latest is 0525 in DVD format for Europe.

No sure what is done on the CD based systems, as this could be a single CD or stretch to many CD's. I suspect it is a single disc per country with limited POI (points of interest) and updated roads etc.

Anyway, loading a new disc will upgrade the RTI navi firmware when booted, it is this that enables the TMC messages to be decoded.

Once updated, you will receive TMC symbols on the map (red/yellow lines and symbols all very obvious and TMC messages giving the detail if checked) plus you can have alternative routes suggested by the computer if you have planned a journey.

With no journey planned, you are in charge have to figure out alternative routes, maybe listening to RDS messages to figure out how bad !

Anyway, I can recommend the upgrade if you hit a lot of heavy traffic and find yourself crawling for hours.

Best regards, megamiles

1 - 11 of 11 Posts