SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whenever I am sitting somewhere and press down on the brake, my RPM's increase dramatically, then go back down when I let off the pedal. I checked the hose, and there are no leaks there - so I suspect a leak inside the booster. What do you think?<p>Also - when sitting at a stoplight or in traffic for a while(I live in Atlanta - that happens a lot...), when it comes time to take off, I give the car some gas and it seems to fall on it's face - like it is out of gas. Let off the gas and it's fine, hit the gas and it happens again. After 2 or 3x, the car will eventually go along just fine. I have no idea where to start on this one.<p>Your assistance is appreciated<p>

·
Premium Member
19,952 Posts
Re: RPM's increase when brake is pushed, plus a few other oddities.... (shrike71)

What repairs/maintenance have you done recently on this 240?<p>George Dill<p>

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: RPM's increase when brake is pushed, plus a few other oddities.... (gdill2)

220k and we've owned it since new. It is due for a timing belt (3rd one) and has had regular oil changes. Plugs, cap, rotor, wires & filter regularly. The injectors were cleaned about 70k ago. Flame trap just replaced. Have not cleaned throttle body in a long time. <p>I checked the seals around the injectors with the injector-cleaner trick and nothing seemed to be leaking. A pal suggested testing the injectors. Any merit to that?<p>Thanks

·
Registered
177 Posts
Re: RPM's increase when brake is pushed, plus a few other oddities.... (shrike71)

the first one is definitely a vaccuum leak in the booster, the check valve or the hose from the manifold to the booster.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts