SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else experiencing this?

90 V8 06

Coming to a light at about 15mph cruising speed and you gently apply the brakes the car jerks you forward as it shifts (slams) back into second.

I have also had the car staying in first up to about 3500 rpm while driving slow through neighborhoods, etc. and then jamming into 2nd.

3300 miles... I hope I am having tranny problems. They will probably say that my stereo caused an uneven balance in the harmonic distortion stabilizer inside the tranny's flux capacitor and therefore it isnt covered.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Re: Rough upshift into first while rolling to stop... (XC902Quick)

I am sorry that I don't have anything constructive to offer, but I had to say that "flux capacitor" made me laugh! Good luck the the transmission issues...

·
Registered
700 Posts

Quote, originally posted by XC902Quick »
Anyone else experiencing this?

90 V8 06

Coming to a light at about 15mph cruising speed and you gently apply the brakes the car jerks you forward as it shifts (slams) back into second.

I have also had the car staying in first up to about 3500 rpm while driving slow through neighborhoods, etc. and then jamming into 2nd.

3300 miles... I hope I am having tranny problems. They will probably say that my stereo caused an uneven balance in the harmonic distortion stabilizer inside the tranny's flux capacitor and therefore it isnt covered.

We are having similar issues, including some sporadic gear change
slippage in moderate throttle applications. I thought it was just me

·
Registered
524 Posts

I am having a simular issue. While slowing down and shifting into second gear, it seems to "slam" into second. It is really bad when you use the geartronic (which I use quite often). I am planning on having the dealer look at it at my 15,000 service. I had them look at it at the 7500 mile service and they told me that it took a software download but didn't describe the download that it took. But it didn't help anyways.

BTW, I have the 2.5T and not the V8. Just an FYI.

Tom

·
Registered
1,743 Posts

Quote, originally posted by XC902Quick »
They will probably say that my stereo caused an uneven balance in the harmonic distortion stabilizer inside the tranny's flux capacitor and therefore it isnt covered.

Too funny...I just watched Back to the Future III with my 8 year old son last night. The original was best though!

Good luck with your tranny issues. Just drop it off at the dealer.

Tim

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I have had this happen a couple of times and brought it up during the Volvo (factory) customer service survey a few months after I purchased the car. It has only happended a couple of times and I haven't taken it in since it hasn't happened in a couple of months. I have had my XC90 V8(2006) in two times for the "CHECK ENGINE" light. First time they did nothing but reset the light and I asked them why they didn't do the software upgrade and was told ther wasn't a software upgrade. I told them they were wrong and two days later the light was back on and I take it back, pick it up the next day, and guess what they did? Software upgrade, so hopefully this will fix the problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts