SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so a friend of mine just picked up a 2000 V70 non turbo for very cheap. I looked at it for a couple minutes on his way home and like the dealer stated, it does have a miss. blah blah. I ran my scanner and (didn't write it down, going off memory) it had 5 codes.. Two random misfires, a couple for the evap or something.. think one was a no voltage, and one was a no flow or something along the lines of that, will have him rescan it today, one that just said Vovlo + 5v?????

I am going to help guide him get this thing going good, and thought I would ask for your help.

I am fairly certain it is vacuum leaks etc. or a faulty valve in there.

thanks.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bringing this back from the past. Going to work on it for a bit tonight, run a compression test, and do my best at tracking down the vacuum lines. Almost seems as if the timing is off.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
if they aren't too much I will give it a shot.

this is what i am thinking it is Crankcase Ventilation System Failure (PCV/Flame trap)
All 1993-2000 850, S70, C70 and V70 models (as well as most 2001 2007 S60, S80, V70 and XC 90 models) use a complicated crankcase vent system to prevent the build u of pressure inside the engine. Since the mid 70’s Volvo owners have had problems with this system clogging up with oil deposits. Once the system plugs up, crankcase pressure builds high enough to cause oil to be forced past engine seals resulting in oil leaks around the engine. Another problem with this system is the many small vacuum lines used become brittle and crack, rendering the system inoperable as well as causing idle and drivability issues. Since the lines are buried under the intake manifold, it’s difficult to diagnose. To keep the system operating properly it’s a good idea to visually inspect the lines every other oil change and completely replace all the associated components every 80-100,000 miles. We’ve put together handy kits that make it easy to order the correct parts.

·
Banned
182 Posts
Check on all the coil packs. They can fail and cause these issues. They may be original and it's time for new.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts