SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the past few weeks I've been experiencing something odd at startup. I'll put key in, try to turn over and it will struggle to start and revs jump to the middle of the tach (maybe 3k rpm). So far it always ends up starting but today I had to try again.

When it does eventually start up everything seems fine. Idle is fine. Did notice the car jumps somethings when using manual shifting. Ex when going second to third it'll kick into third harder than usual.

Issue does not occur every time. When it doesn't the car starts up fine. It's starting to happen a lot more now.

It's an 06 2.5t awd. Car was scanned and all codes cleared last week. No cels since clearing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
856 Posts
Sounds like a ETC issue. You have the later version and not the problematic early one.It is most likely,a very cruddy unit.The only way to address it is to remove it and very thoroughly clean it with a powerful solvent like Berkovele 2+2 and a very small brass brush of tooth brush.This job is a PIA because it is under the intake manifold.This is almost always done by anyone that is competent when replacing the PCV system.That way is more efficent and labor wise.
If you are due for the PCV service,I strongly advise doing both at the same time.
There is a ton of info out there on how to DIY and complete parts kits are somewhere around $130

How many miles on the car and was the PCV ever serviced? Do you use synthetic oil?What is your oil change interval?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm at about 117k miles. I do not think the PCV was services. Synthetic oil always used and I've had the car since new in 06. Oil changes done every 6-8k KM.

About 2-3 years ago the engine and turbo were replaced under warranty by a local dealer. Do you think they would have serviced any of the components you just mentioned when doing all that work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts