SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rough morning while going to work. Didn't notice the SUV stopped in front of me and finally came to a stop, about 4" into their trailer hitch.
Looks like the grille is still in 1 piece but pushed in and over a couple of the broken tabs/slots on the bumper. I hope I do not need to take the whole thing off, just to get the grille back to it's position. Maybe if I am lucky I can just pry it back into position and use some glue.... for now.

Since some tabs/slots have broken off from the bumper, that will need to be replaced. I only see a little crack or tear in the bumper that would actually show.

Oh, the story does get worse, some what. Happened to be my other vehicle with the wife driving, directly in front of me. No damage to her Toy 4-runner, just my grill. Glad nobody got hurt and it was my fault as I didn't see her stopped and with the rain and all, I was THERE in no time.

So I'll try some mickey mouse for now and hopefully can pop it back into place.... ;(

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
It's okay buddy, stuff happens, when I first got my license I rammed my mother's s40 into my sisters s40 at about 50 MPH....good times double insurance claim...I'm still paying for it.

All I havve to say is my sisters s40 didn't even look like it was hit. Those cars are bricks.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Rough morning while going to work. Didn't notice the SUV stopped in front of me and finally came to a stop, about 4" into their trailer hitch.
Looks like the grille is still in 1 piece but pushed in and over a couple of the broken tabs/slots on the bumper. I hope I do not need to take the whole thing off, just to get the grille back to it's position. Maybe if I am lucky I can just pry it back into position and use some glue.... for now.

Since some tabs/slots have broken off from the bumper, that will need to be replaced. I only see a little crack or tear in the bumper that would actually show.

Oh, the story does get worse, some what. Happened to be my other vehicle with the wife driving, directly in front of me. No damage to her Toy 4-runner, just my grill. Glad nobody got hurt and it was my fault as I didn't see her stopped and with the rain and all, I was THERE in no time.

So I'll try some mickey mouse for now and hopefully can pop it back into place.... ;(
The story actually got BETTER. Now you won't have a frivolous personal injury lawsuit to deal with.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do have a couple of pics from my phone, just don't have any way to upload since I don't have an account anywhere.

it only shows the right side of the grille pushed in about 4 inches. Broke off a couple of tabs so not sure if I can just pry that grille over those broken tabs.

We'll see this weekend when I finally get to work on it.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
just google free image hosting.. many places dont require an account.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts