SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so I recently noticed a certain vibration while idling. I drive a 2008 s60 and it feels like my s60 is struggling to stay on while im idling at a light while in drive. The best way to describe it is the vibration that you feel when you first start your car. I notice this type of rough idle every 5 seconds or so while its in drive. It doesn't make this type of vibration when i have it in park. I started to notice this after one of my pipes on my fmic became disconnected. I was driving and the pipe popped off causing the car to turn off so I got it towed. Every since the pipe was reconnected, this started happening. I also got a CEL that said my oil was too rich. The light went away however and hasnt returned since. As far as my exhaust, i have a 3.5 downpipe with a catless exhaust. I am looking to replace the exhaust with a cat exhaust soon. Does anyone know if theres anything i can do to get rid of this rough idle? I read about replacing the o2 sensors and my s60 has about 105,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Could be a o2 sensor for sure but when was the last time spark plugs were changed? Could also be the MAF sensor being dirty as well. This is where I would start

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
853 Posts
Your ecu cannot read and remedy fuel trims without the inputs it needs to calculate.Gas in your oil is a very bad thing.You need the cat and the o2's will signal.Get an analysis on your oil before and after fixing.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Hold up. Your "oil" is too rich? Umm what?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the spark plugs were changed at 65k. last time i checked the MAF sensor wasnt all that dirty. I havent checked the o2 sensors yet. thanks for the feedback and im already looking into getting a catback. i cant stand the constant backfire anymore

1 - 5 of 5 Posts