SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those you that have had the Evolve two-piece rotors for a little while, would you recommend the purchase vs other two-piece disks? Why or why not? Please be constructive.

My cars sees the track at times and I occasionally, on the street, the brakes might see some abuse as well. Thanks for any information and recommendation.

Kevin

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Re: Rotor Question. (KVB-R)

Do a search on the Evolve rotors. I don't mean to sound stuffy! But this information is a very sensitive topic for all! Make sure when using the search function you click on the "archive" button. The "recent content" button does not work very well at all. Have a great weekend! Rick

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Rotor Question. (MASH)

Quote, originally posted by MASH »
Do a search on the Evolve rotors. I don't mean to sound stuffy! But this information is a very sensitive topic for all! Make sure when using the search function you click on the "archive" button. The "recent content" button does not work very well at all. Have a great weekend! Rick

Thanks MASH, I've followed every topic on these rotors since there introduction. From Jesse's rear hat issue to whoever else had problems.....I was just looking for some opinions on whether people would recommend them or not.....

Some folks had problems, and most have been resolved (I think). For this question, I don't care about customer service. Merely, did/do the rotors perform to expectations or do they not?

Also, I wonder how many set of disk are out there running right now....?

Kevin

·
Registered
2005 V70R, Midnight Blue, M66
2,124 Posts
Re: Rotor Question. (KVB-R)

Admittedly I do not have the Evolves you mention, however my experience is that the stock system is quite good. You might want to upgrade to a better pad such as Poterfield R4S, etc. as has been discussed in other threads.

If the change is for cosmetic reason than of course that is much more subjective.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts