SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have looked through the extensive topics on this board about brake pads and rotors, DIYs and the like. I've done a lot of research over the past few days to find the lowest prices on all the parts and I am just about to pull the trigger on some new pads and rotors. My question is this: On swedishautoparts.com, there seems to be a decent price difference between the OES and OEM rear rotor. OES is listed at $75 and OEM at $24. What is the difference? If none, why would anyone ever opt to spend $50 more per rotor? haha Also, does anyone know if this site is reliable? I'm pretty sure that I've heard on here that they are legit. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
The Only thing is the Rotors Design is not Legit - the Rears are a 2 pc with just a stamped out Sheet Metal Type center - Rear Brakes Suck .

The Front calipers on the Bigger Brakes are HD and also pretty heavy . ( 1 Pucker )

( Hang Over from Ford Years ) as all older Volvo's were usually way better in the Brake Department
then USA cars , before Ford . ( Exception Clause ) The Years Before - Cheap Foreign Iron - where
High Nickle and Proper Aging and Heat Treating - are considered - Extras ! :rolleyes:

How many Miles , FWD or AWD - have bigger wheels ? etc.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
96K AWD with 16" wheels... I have slotted discs now (320mm in the front) but I'm really not lookin' to spend all that extra money on new slotted discs. Suggestions?

·
Registered
837 Posts
OES and OEM are direct from supplier and basically the same thing. they are both made to OE specs. so you cant tell quality based on that. it just depends on what metal and how they formed it. Im guessing the more expensive is a better quality but who knows.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts