SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got everything off without issue with the exception of the rotor screw. That fker is on there and I have nothing to break it loose. Suggestions....

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
383 Posts
You're choice of lubricant (PB Baster is mine)
I used a bit on my impact driver to remove the screw. If you use a wrench, be careful to not put pressure at a weird angle, which is easy to do.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're choice of lubricant (PB Baster is mine)
I used a bit on my impact driver to remove the screw. If you use a wrench, be careful to not put pressure at a weird angle, which is easy to do.
Impact driver, check,... pb blaster check

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
+1 to the above, impact and PB all day! Just roasted a set of stoptechs because I guess I didnt get my pistons in all the way/ equally pressed in.. Did the job twice. FML.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Get your torx bit on a wrench with a long cheater bar. It's a two person job--one pushes the wrench head with the bit into the screw head so that it stays there while the other is unscrewing.

·
Registered
26 Posts
If an actual impact (1/2 brushless Milwaukee/deWalt or dual hammer pneumatic) and heat doesn’t do it. It’s not a horrible job to drill and recover the threads.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got it out with a reverse hand impact tool

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
8yrs of rust in New England is no joke

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Got it out with a reverse hand impact tool

Yep, same. I’m up into Toronto and use my hand impact driver and a sledge each time on that bi&@$. Helps if you goober it up with anti seize for next time.

2002 V70XC, 2003 V40, 2004 S60, 2010 V70

·
Registered
179 Posts
Just drill it out, it's not needed

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
As stated previously this is a DONE DEAL, i got it off (READ AND HEED)

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I love hammer blow impacts. The satisfaction of hitting something stubborn and it successfully removes that fastener is a mechanigasm.
As a teen I worked on my bike and then that lead to working on tons of others. The damned Phillips head screws on Japanese bike side covers were tightened with some sort of storied martial art bolt tightening process. Hold the pressure on that hammer blow and then smack it GOOD and grunt like a female pro tennis player and damn it those screws jumped out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts