SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
what brand/s is/are recommended for base rack (cross bars) for S80? and any recs on best or good for bike racks also? Thule had nothing when i did a search for base rack.

·
Registered
184 Posts
For the base rack you will need to get the Volvo-branded Thule rack as that's the only option available. You can go through the dealer and pay list, or get it from Tasca Parts like I did. There may be other suppliers, but at the time I searched Tasca had the best price and shipping times/cost. The rack came in a Volvo box with all the Volvo kit including the manual and security key.

As for the bike rack, you can go with Thule, suggested, or Yakima. When purchasing a Thule rack, be sure to get one with attachments for aero bars (comes with pegs that fit into channels on the top of the base Volvo rack). Yakima, at least from what I've seen, attaches via rubber straps that wrap around the aero bars. If you want a picture of my set up I'll try to post one later tonight.

Cheers

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
in case others are interested and no one responded, I found OEM volvo cross bars and bike racks fit fine and I believe the OEM ones might be made by Thule even though Thule themselves don't list any as fitting if you search their website for S80. I went through an online Volvo parts/accessories store.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts