SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the least expensive souce to order a Volvo factory roof rack and trailer hitch for an S60 R? Dealer prices are very, very scary...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Re: Roof Rack and trailer hitch (reinsport)

Thanks for the question, as I too am ion the market for a roof rack/bike holder!<p>I'm remembering, but can't find, a recent thread where someone mentioned a Volvo dealer who is looking to expand their part sales through reduced pricing compared to what dealers typically charge. I hope someone will pop up with that info. Not sure if roof racks are really considered parts per se, and as such this particular delaer may not be offering the same somewhat discounted prices. Stay tuned .. someone will post a source!

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Re: Roof Rack and trailer hitch (reinsport)

when I was shopping for our trailer hitch the Volvo one was within $10 of all the others. It's all the stuff volvo tries to sell you with it that makes it expensive. You are best off to get the volvo wiring kit regardless of which way you go and you can get hardware store type stuff for the drawbar and other misc items.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Re: Roof Rack and trailer hitch (vintagemilano)

Off your topic but related. I just read a a thread about fuel economy. One of the the things that affect your gas mileage is a roof rack. They say the drag can drop the fuel economy 8-10% If you do buy one only put it on when needed. That rack could cost you and extra 300-500 bucks a year in fuel if you drive at least 200 miles per week.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts