SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will the FRAME MOUNTED BIKE HOLDERs (31269453) mount to the OEM load bars (Volvo Part Num 30789025)?

·
Registered
656 Posts
Will the FRAME MOUNTED BIKE HOLDERs (31269453) mount to the OEM load bars (Volvo Part Num 30789025)?
Yes they will. FYI; I have seen these bike racks in person, and they are substantial. The mechanism on the side of the track for the bike-frame support bar is like a whole big gear-knob-lever-thing. They reminded me more of kayak carriers than bike carriers. I have roof mounted bike racks, and I went with Rockymounts Euro Pitchfork which is compatible with the OEM aluminum wing cross bars. -They are super low profile, and real solid. They are fork mount though, so front wheel needs to be popped off.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes they will. FYI; I have seen these bike racks in person, and they are substantial. The mechanism on the side of the track for the bike-frame support bar is like a whole big gear-knob-lever-thing. They reminded me more of kayak carriers than bike carriers. I have roof mounted bike racks, and I went with Rockymounts Euro Pitchfork which is compatible with the OEM aluminum wing cross bars. -They are super low profile, and real solid. They are fork mount though, so front wheel needs to be popped off.
Also an FYI, the OEM part (31269453) is the equivalent of a Thule Criterium (in the US, ProRide in Europe). In the US you will require Xadapt8 for mounting to the T track in the OEM crossbars.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts