SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Glad to here another person has the M66 and a tune. I think were the only ones with a tune in the USA. Makes the car too much fun mesin with people that have no clue what this T5 will do. Downshift and jump and say by, by to most cars... Have fun...

·
Registered
209 Posts
Finally, got the Elevate/Autotech tune installed. Peter at Autotech did a fine job. I haven't fully explored the performance envelope as I just filled the tank with 89 octane gas. I will wait until I fill-up with premium gas to get the total impact. But as of now, with the Stage 1 tune, there is a significant improvement with the acceleration, seemingly near that of my old C70!

·
Registered
506 Posts
Yep, your car will jump with the tune and stick. I figured even with the crazy gas prices, it's like $ 3 - 5 more a tank full but I think it's worth the price for the power gains and grins. Got my DP put in yesterday. Having too much fun with good weather and top down.

·
Registered
209 Posts
It must be nice to have good weather. In Ohio for the past 4 weeks, it has been either raining or cold or windy or all three! I think that there has only been two nice days in the period and I spent one of those days putting in the Volvo GPS mount for my Nuvi (dumb move, I should have took advantage of the weather that day) and that was the only day that I had the top down! Oh well summer is coming!!! I think!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone know how to put the convertible top halfway? I've never really stopped halfway and I am afraid it might get stuck in there.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Just take your finger off the switch mid cycle. I clean and lube the seals once or twice a year (which reminds me, I’m overdue to lube the mechanism).

·
Registered
954 Posts
Conventional wisdom is that when you restart it you should keep going the same way as when you stopped it... so if you were opening it and stopped at the halfway point you should continue to open it all they way, not close it, or vice versa...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Also, when opening the top, make sure that you are on flat ground (or near flat) and beware of the wind! If you think it might be too much... It is.

Tedders
Drive Laughing!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Finally, got the Elevate/Autotech tune installed. Peter at Autotech did a fine job. I haven't fully explored the performance envelope as I just filled the tank with 89 octane gas. I will wait until I fill-up with premium gas to get the total impact. But as of now, with the Stage 1 tune, there is a significant improvement with the acceleration, seemingly near that of my old C70!
What was/were the problems?

21 - 29 of 29 Posts