SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Porsche Boxster S. 2021 s60 T8 Polestar Engineered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2013 s60 RD here.

So I used my front window defroster yesterday. Today, I hear something rolling like a ball bearing in dash. I have never placed anything on the dash so it isn't a foreign body/object. I only hear it making sharp turns. If I didn't know better, it sounds like someone (that clearly despises me) dropped a ball bearing in the defroster vents.

Has this happened to anyone ? I assume this would be a big deal if I took it to the dealer as the dash would have to come off.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Hasnt happend to us. Does air come out of the other vents if you change the air settings? I wonder if your blower door broke, and thats causing the sound. Take it off auto and see if air comes out from all settings. If thats not it, I would go to Lowes and get an extendable magnet and stick it down the vent to try and catch whatever is loose, and hopefully metal.

http://m.lowes.com/pd/Kobalt-2-Pack-Automotive-Telescoping-Magnet-Tool/3380322

·
Registered
14 Posts
happened to me a couple of years ago in a Nissan Altima. Turned out an acorn had dropped from a tree into the vent intake area (where the hood meets the windshield). Sounded for all the world like the item was inside the car / dash. Took me a while to figure that one out!

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
happened to me a couple of years ago in a Nissan Altima. Turned out an acorn had dropped from a tree into the vent intake area (where the hood meets the windshield). Sounded for all the world like the item was inside the car / dash. Took me a while to figure that one out!
That area below the windshield is weird. I can actually hear the leaves caught in that area rustling from inside the car. My bet is on the acorn :thumbup:

·
Registered
2016 Porsche Boxster S. 2021 s60 T8 Polestar Engineered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It sounded like it was inside. So weird.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts