SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!

I have an 06 S40 T5. I've seen videos of people who can roll down all the windows while approaching the car using the remote. I brought it to the dealer and they informed me that recently Volvo limited the way in which dealers can get into the car's computer, so he couldn't do anything for me. Any ideas? Has anybody heard of anything like this? Or, know any shops near 07090 or 14850 that would be able to get past this??

It's the little things, obviously, but it'd be cool :)

·
Super Moderator
15,184 Posts
It's a software update that the dealer would have to install. I'll see if I can find the SW part number, but there's no reason the dealer can't do it for you...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah.. I tried the remote thing (my family's Honda Odyssey does it, so I had a hunch). Nothing. Brought it to Volvo, they said they're not allowed to anymore. Something about Volvo recent limiting their access, but if I found a small shop, perhaps they could do it?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Had that feature on my C70, but only used it to show off the function. Somebody has an after market device that allowed one to lower and raise the top from the remote, but it was big bucks and I figured if I never used the window function, it was most likely I would never use the remote top-down function either!

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
Hey all!

I have an 06 S40 T5. I've seen videos of people who can roll down all the windows while approaching the car using the remote. I brought it to the dealer and they informed me that recently Volvo limited the way in which dealers can get into the car's computer, so he couldn't do anything for me. Any ideas? Has anybody heard of anything like this? Or, know any shops near 07090 or 14850 that would be able to get past this??

It's the little things, obviously, but it'd be cool :)
Did you press for more than 3 sec??

XC70 2011 D5

·
Super Moderator
15,184 Posts
Did you press for more than 3 sec??
Only some cars in some regions came equipped with this option. A lot of areas stopped after complaints of the key button getting pressed in the pocket and rolling down the car window without the owner's knowledge. That actually happened to me once, luckily I was outside and noticed, because it was about to rain.

Closing also works...hold 3 sec. It includes the moonroof
Again, not all areas. My cars only roll down and the buttons do not control the moonroof either.

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
Only some cars in some regions came equipped with this option. A lot of areas stopped after complaints of the key button getting pressed in the pocket and rolling down the car window without the owner's knowledge. That actually happened to me once, luckily I was outside and noticed, because it was about to rain.

Again, not all areas. My cars only roll down and the buttons do not control the moonroof either.
Your cars roll down???? Oopss

XC70 2011 D5

·
Registered
576 Posts
Your cars roll down????
All my cars roll down. If they rolled UP that would be a problem!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts