SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've got another rock stuck in between what I believe is the rotor and dust shield. This has happened before. It comes with the most awful screeching sound imaginable, so it's fun when you drive in to the parking garage at work. Usually the trick is to drive quickly in reverse for a little and hit the brakes hard...but I don't have an opportunity to do that where I am at the moment.

Has anyone else experienced this on these cars? It seems to happen pretty often for me on this one.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
I have read several posts about this, so its fairly common.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Very common. I just had it a few weeks ago. Just do a search for it. I found that hitting the more abrupt speed bumps quickly will knock it out. Or a good size pothole you don't see because it's 5am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
So I've got another rock stuck in between what I believe is the rotor and dust shield. This has happened before. It comes with the most awful screeching sound imaginable, so it's fun when you drive in to the parking garage at work. Usually the trick is to drive quickly in reverse for a little and hit the brakes hard...but I don't have an opportunity to do that where I am at the moment.

Has anyone else experienced this on these cars? It seems to happen pretty often for me on this one.
Yep, with my S60 RD once. Had to take the wheel off then pull on the shield a bit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts