SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm on my way down from Oregon to lake Tahoe for a week of skiing. And as im driving along my passenger side mirror starts shaking violently. I pulled off to take a look and it's basically come unglued...

Super glue should fix it, right?

Also, I saw a flash green VR on I5 heading north somewhere between grants pass and Medford. Looks sharp

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
So I'm on my way down from Oregon to lake Tahoe for a week of skiing. And as im driving along my passenger side mirror starts shaking violently. I pulled off to take a look and it's basically come unglued...

Super glue should fix it, right?

Also, I saw a flash green VR on I5 heading north somewhere between grants pass and Medford. Looks sharp
I actually highly recommend RTV strictly because it does not expand and contract like agents in the superglue may....first week I bought the car I placed RTV on the rear of the mirror and it has stuck for 30,000 Miles. and it's looking for more!!!

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
**** like this drives me crazy, why the hell can't Volvo make a god damn mirror :screwy: , plus while we're at it, the same goes for the completely ****ed gas door hinge :screwy: :screwy:

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Get the higher temperature rated RTV since the R has heated mirrors. Both of mine have come off, so I feel your pain.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
719 Posts
I almost lost a mirror on a roadtrip too... Except I was in some dusty town in Arizona 2,500 miles from home. There was only one option for me, EPOXY.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Lol mine fell off too... Caught it in the middle of the air lol and I used gorrila glue

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Think I fixed it. Used epoxy and its still on there. For now at least

Obviously not driving around with the vice on, but it was useful while the epoxy dried

1 - 9 of 9 Posts